Careers with FC WoodWorks
Are you looking for the opportunity to work with a company that fosters the growth of its employees? Do you value the opportunity to create custom woodwork in a team environment?
If so, then FC WoodWorks is looking to speak with you.
We're always on the lookout for certified professionals who are looking to make that next step up in their careers. We believe in rewarding excellence and nurturing our professionals as they grow within our company.
Enjoy the benefits of working with professionals in a supportive environment.
Job Title: Estimator
The purpose of the Estimator position is to estimate and secure profitable contracts for the company and assist the Estimating and Production Departments as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
The Estimator should have demonstrated qualifications in most or all of the following areas:
- A sound understanding of millwork construction systems and methods, specifications, and tendering practices and contract types.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, math and computer skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, with a working knowledge of Auto Cad.
- Good memory, quick thinking and ability to relate current requirements to previous experience and pricing knowledge.
- Ability to plan, organize and complete estimating work independently.
- Success in preparing estimates and winning tenders that result in profitable projects.
- Ability to work hard and calmly under pressure to achieve fixed deadlines, and the flexibility and dedication to work extended hours when required.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- An excellent reputation with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with clients and peers.
- Preference will be given to candidates that possess both relevant trade experience and technical education.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the architectural millwork industry
- Assist the Estimating Department in the tendering of projects.
- Assist the Project Manager where applicable, in the on-going duties of a project’s administration.
- Working closely with the Production and Estimating Departments, learn company systems and methods.
- Assist in plan and spec analysis in order to provide clear, traceable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for manufacturing.
- Act as liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawing and related information.
- Assist as directed by the Production and Estimating Departments in maintaining accurate and up-to-date logs (RFI, Vendor/Subcontractor, Purchase, Owner etc.), track responses and advise regarding the status of RFIs.
- Obtain quotations for Change Notices.
- Maintain and update the Shop Drawing Log, review Shop Drawings and submittals.
- Coordinate submittals and procure all close-out documents including warranties and O&Ms.
- Obtain, participate and assist in continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents.
- Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues.
- Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating of RFIs, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements, and maintain project expediting list.
- Attend project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as required.
- Assist in coordinating periodic job-related photo for files/records.
- Ensure compliance with COR certification.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package dependent on qualifications.
Position: Cabinet Maker
Required Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fabricate and/or repair plastic laminated and wood cabinets and other furniture/millwork
- Study blueprints or drawings of articles to be constructed or repaired, and plan sequence of cutting or shaping operations to be performed
- Maintain, support and promote a safe work environment, complying with all safety rules, polices and procedures
- Assemble component parts with screws, nails, dowels or glue into a complete unit
- Correctly apply different types of fasteners
- Use the correct abrasives for sanding
- Make product decisions
- Bend and laminate wood
- Prepare surfaces for finishing
- Layout and measure materials accurately
- Select and identify materials
- Follow written and oral instructions and work well with others
- Read, write and especially speak workplace English
- Fabricate component parts and trims joints to ensure proper fit
Ideally the worker should have 5 years of experience in a variety of cabinet making capacities. Worker must be able to work with plastic laminate. Worker must be able to work with appropriate machinery and tools, such as stationary power tools, table saws, hand and portable power tools. Worker must be able to use all other hand and power tools, such as planers, scrapers, chisels, drills, routers, trimmers and hand saws. Worker must have knowledge of procedures for drilling and boring. As well, worker must be able to read blue prints and work from sketches.