Careers with FC WoodWorks
Are you looking for the opportunity to work with a company that fosters the growth of its employees? Do you value the opportunity to create custom woodwork in a team environment?
If so, then FC WoodWorks is looking to speak with you.
We're always on the lookout for certified professionals who are looking to make that next step up in their careers. We believe in rewarding excellence and nurturing our professionals as they grow within our company.
Enjoy the benefits of working with professionals in a supportive environment.
Position: Cabinet Maker
Required Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fabricate and/or repair plastic laminated and wood cabinets and other furniture/millwork
- Study blueprints or drawings of articles to be constructed or repaired, and plan sequence of cutting or shaping operations to be performed
- Maintain, support and promote a safe work environment, complying with all safety rules, polices and procedures
- Assemble component parts with screws, nails, dowels or glue into a complete unit
- Correctly apply different types of fasteners
- Use the correct abrasives for sanding
- Make product decisions
- Bend and laminate wood
- Prepare surfaces for finishing
- Layout and measure materials accurately
- Select and identify materials
- Follow written and oral instructions and work well with others
- Read, write and especially speak workplace English
- Fabricate component parts and trims joints to ensure proper fit
Ideally the worker should have 5 years of experience in a variety of cabinet making capacities. Worker must be able to work with plastic laminate. Worker must be able to work with appropriate machinery and tools, such as stationary power tools, table saws, hand and portable power tools. Worker must be able to use all other hand and power tools, such as planers, scrapers, chisels, drills, routers, trimmers and hand saws. Worker must have knowledge of procedures for drilling and boring. As well, worker must be able to read blue prints and work from sketches.